Clean Makeup Recommendations
I get many customer emails asking my opinion on all sorts of matters, and I’m pretty happy to answer them all honestly using my own personal experience and knowledge. However, there is one area I always stumble, as my personal experience is desperately lacking… clean make-up recommendations.
Thankfully I know an expert, in fact a Green Beauty Expert!
Maria Velve is a certified make-up artist, and clean beauty guru. She is a well-known and respected part of the Toronto (and beyond) clean beauty scene, and always on the judging panel of the Clean Beauty Awards for Cert Clean. She has her own business helping women (and men) switch their skin care and make up to clean products without compromising on results. She is also a huge advocate for Canadian
Brands, and a lot of fun to hang out with!
I asked Maria for her favourite clean make-up recommendations: (Maria has her own online store where you can conveniently shop all her favourites, and Helena Lane Skincare too!)
1) Pure Anada Natural Mascara – stays put all day; won’t flake or budge
2) Plume Science Nourish and Define Refillable Brow Pencil – naturally promotes the growth of your brows with organic castor oil, coleus forskohlii root oil and nourishing plant butters and waxes
3) Pure Anada Sheer Matte Foundation – multi-purpose as a pressed mineral foundation or pressed powder; perfect for touch ups on the go!
4) Tin Feather Lip Oil Tint – beautifully tinted; goes on like a gloss but doesn’t feel heavy
5) Pure Anada Lip and Cheek Rouge – their matte texture makes them ideal for adding colour on the lips as well as cheeks; a little goes a long way!
Maria offers in person (check in with her about changes due to Covid-19) and virtual consultations for skin care and make-up. Have a look at her full line-up of services here: